01 August 2008

The 1978 Pitt Report

This is the second installment in my archive of reports about Bermuda, race, and politics. After the 1977 riots, a royal commission was formed to investigate the causes. The produced a lengthy report which spent most of its time examining the conditions in Bermuda that created the frustrations enabling the riots. I've been working my way through it this weekend, and what is interesting is that we have many of the same issues that were around 30 years ago (although perhaps in different degrees of severity).

At first I couldn't figure out where to find a copy, but it hit me at last: the library. Remember those? If you are an avid reader, I would suggest using the library and saving yourself spending the $$ on books...

You can download the report here, and I have reproduced the cover page below.

No comments: