14 July 2008

Comments

I haven't settled on what to do about comments on this blog. Although I like the idea of creating a place for people to discuss the topics in here, I am leaning towards not having comments. I've seen too much ridiculousness going on with other people's blogs (spam, childish behaviour, etc.). I could moderate comments, but I definitely don't have the time or inclination to spend all day doing that.

For now I have turned on comments, but I'll turn them on or off or delete them at my whim, depending on how much hassle they cause me. After all, as more experienced members of the "blogosphere" (ugh) have said, if you want to say something, get your own blog, they're free (Dave Winer, via Joel Spolsky).

Finally, regardless of the blog comment policy, if you want to talk about what I am writing, you can always email me or call me up personally (contact details at top right of the blog). Who knows, we could even meet in person and talk face-to-face!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I have only ever had problems with comments from one or two notorious posters.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Doug. A great start.

Anonymous said...

Well done Dougie! Keep it coming especially the reports on the race meetings.

Tips

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

your tone is a welcome change from the likes of the bdasux crowd

Anonymous said...

ur take on race bda was on point - as a staunch like long plper - i have often said that white bda in recent times has not had a defining bridge building (specifically) political figure - the 60s and 70s in america produced a whole generation of white public servants who sided with left leaning politics - and because blks by default associate with the left in US politcs - that political proximity built bridges - bdas' white politicians did not seem to to experience a similar epiphany (boomers like dunkley and gibbons (MIT grad i think) simply fell into the old party line of their dad's (ie hilarry clinton was a republican until she went to university) - modern bda has yet to produce a white john swan - someone in a way who defines white bda amidst the large chunk of uk, us and cdn workers who live in bda. much the way that blk bdans are often assumed to be afro american when in the US.

again, welcome

Anonymous said...

Good to see you figured this whole interweb thing out! ;)
Stinger!